Terms & Conditions
- We are leading organization in the field of welfare of Ex-servicemen (Retired Military Personnel). Ours is a UP State Government undertaking formed under Companies Act 1956 for the welfare of Ex-servicemen. We provide the highest quality of Technical, Consultative, Administrative, Security and Campus Management Services to various organizations/Industry/Institutions/Private Establishment by providing Ex-servicemen who are competent, well trained, honest, smart, highly disciplined, dedicated, physically fit and mentally tough and have 25 to 30 years experience in their respective trades/jobs. Our area of operation is throughout India.
- Our activities are controlled by the Board of Directors of the Nigam as per the policies of the State government. This Nigam is engaged in providing Technical / Consultative / Administrative / Security / Campus Management in various organization in UP, Delhi, Haryana, MP, HP and Rajasthan states.
- Wage structure of the employees of the Nigam is based on guidelines issued by the Director General Re-settlement, Ministry of Defence, Government of India, New Delhi (wherein an Ex-servicemen have been equated with SKILLED/SEMISKILLED workers) and state government minimum wage act which subject to revision every six months i.e. APRIL and OCTOBER by the Labour Commissioner.
- Employees provided by the Nigam are based on Ex-servicemen who equated as SKILLED/SEMISKILLED workers.
- Men are entitled to weekly rest, 15 days Privilege leave. 12days Casual Leave and 03 days National Holidays in year. To offset this 28.98% Extra strength for leave relief is required or 28.98% of wage given to enable Nigam to employ extra manpower/make alternative arrangements.
- For effective services, management the manpower required will be worked out jointly by Nigam and Principal Employer.
- For any increase/decrease in the strength of employees, Nigam will require One Month Notice for placement of additional employees.
- Employees of the Nigam will not be permitted to do other than given duties.
- Employees of the Nigam are on contract with Nigam and therefore they are not employees of the Principal Employer.
- Employees of the Nigam Are not permitted to become members of any UNION or Organization affiliated to principal Employer/Institution.
- In case any Nigam’s employee is asked to be discharged. Immediately by the principal Employer for any reason, SEVEN Days wages will be claimed in lieu of notice.
Wage will be renewed by the Nigam as and when state government revises them thorough labour commissioner and these will be revised by principal employer accordingly.
- House rent allowance:
Wherever suitable accommodation facilities of kitchen, bathroom and latrines along with free facilities of water and electricity is not provided by the principal employer or not availed by the employees of the Nigam. 10% HRA of Basic+VDA will be paid by the principal employer.
- Leave relief allowance:
Leave relief allowance will be charged in case 28.98% extra manpower is not employed as leave relief.
As per the state government Gazette Notification No 14858/36-7197-5(39)/96 dated 24 July 1998, U.P. Purva Sainik Nigam, Ltd. is exempted from the provision of Employees State Insurance
- House rent allowance:
Nigam’s employee are entitled for bonus at the rate of 8.33% of Basic + VDA which is to be released from principal employer in every months wage bill. Present entitlement of bonus amount is reflected in the wage structure attached along with this letter.
- Gratuity/terminal benefits:
As per director general re-settlement Guidelines presently employees are entitled for terminal benefits/gratuity wage bill from Principal Employer.
- Service Charge
Services charges up to 20% mutually decided by the Organization and the Principal Employer depending on quantum or man power required, place of work, distance involved and profit margin etc.
- Additional Charges
The following Additional charges will be levied in case service is being provided in remote/disturbed/health hazardous areas:-
- Field Allowance @25% of Basic+VDA will be admissible to ESM when employed in remote/distrubed/areas hazardous to the health.
- The Nigam providing the services in coal fields/remote/disturbed areas will be paid additional 1% service charge.
- Gross Service Tax (GST) :Additional @18% of the total amount of the bill will be charged as service tax to be deposited with the Central Excise Department. This amount may increase/decrease as per Central Government policy.
- Any other levies by the Government on services being provided by government corporations will be paid by the principal employer from the dates mentioned in the notifications.
- Uniform and other items:
Nigam’s employees will wear Nigam’s uniform. Articles of uniform will be provided by the Nigam.
- Payment of bills
- Payment of wage bills will be made by the principal employer with 15 days of its presentation.
- In case of any delay in payment of wage bills beyond a one month, 18% interest on the total bill will be payable the principal employer.
- The services provided by this Nigam in various fields is attached as per Appendix “A” including supervisory staff.
The agreement will be preferably for one year renewable on mutually agreed terms with wages revised as per minimum wages revised as per minimum wage act. One month notice is required by either party to terminate the contract or payment of one month’s emoluments in lieu.
- Time for placing the employees:
It will take Nigam four weeks to place the employees after execution of the contract agreement/work order.
- Contract performance guarantee/bank guarantee:
Depending upon the nature of service being provided and per requirement of principal employer, bank guarantee may be asked but the total amount is not to extend 2 to 5% of one month wage bill.
- FIR/joint enquiry
In case of any loss/theft/burglary of the property, the principal employer will lodge FIR with the Police and a joint inquiry consisting of the representatives of both the parties will be instituted. Nigam also agrees to depute its special investigator at its own cost to conduct such inquiry to fix/apportion blame and responsibility to make good the loss apportioned to it.
- Arbitrary deductions from wage bills:
In case of loss/damage of property due to theft, the principal employer will not resort to arbitrary deductions from the monthly wage bills the employees.
- Nigam will not be responsible for inadequacy of its services in case of: :
- Riot / War / Natural calamities.
- Non implementation of advice and recommendations of the Nigam’s representative about essential improvement in the Campus management setup or plugging of existing management loopholes by the principal employer.
- Surreptitiously committed mischief by outside element from outside the premises i.e. without criminally trespassing into the premises guarded, thus rendering the management work ineffective.
- Sabotage and subversion.
- The services by Nigam outside the jurisdiction of Lucknow will be provided by respective Assistant General Manager (Ops) of Nigam. All administrative control including placement of employee’s execution of contract/agreement submission of monthly wage bills including distribution of wage to the employees will be exercised by Assistant General Manager (Ops) of respective areas/districts.