- P. Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Limited (UPPSKNL) is an U.P. Govt. undertaking with corporate office located at Lucknow(U.P.).
- The administrative and functional control of Nigam is exercised through its Managing Director who is empowered as an Executive Head by a Board of Directors in accordance with Memorandum and Article of Association – 1989 registered with the Registrar of Companies as per guidelines of U.P. Govt. Samaj Kalyan Mantralaya, U.P. Govt.
- The Managing Director of UPPSKNL is normally a senior Ex -Defence Service Officer of the rank of Major General / its equivalent, who looks after the interest of retired defence personnel, war widows and their dependant family members.
- MAIN OBJECTIVES:
- To provide financial assistance to the Ex-servicemen, their dependents family members of Ex-servicemen in schemes approved by Nigam.
- To encourage and impart training for entrepreneurship amongst the Ex-Servicemen and their dependents Family members.
- To arrange loans, subsidy grants and margin money loans to Ex-Servicemen and their dependent family members individually or through their co-operative societies established for the purpose to provide self-employment in trade and industry.
- To frame and identify viable projects and model schemes and provide technical consultancy services to Ex-Servicemen and their dependent family members.
- To strengthen and assist co-operative and other Institutions of the Ex- Servicemen and their dependent family members.
- To avail assistance from polytechnics, ITIs, Management Institutions, Agra Institutions and other Institutions for providing training to the Ex-Servicemen and their dependent family members in relevant trades.
- To provide serving soldiers (prior to their retirement) Ex-Servicemen and their dependent family members for the opportunity of employment, self employment and impart training in connection there with.
- To make available loans etc. to Ex-Servicemen and their dependent family members under margin money scheme of banks or other financial institutions.
- To identify trades and industries which can be taken up by Ex-Servicemen and their dependent family members and to undertake feasibility studies of such schemes for the benefit of ex-servicemen entrepreneurs.
- To make bulk purchases of raw materials tools and implements and to ensure their fair distribution among Ex-servicemen entrepreneurs.
- To undertake marketing activities and in pursuance there of set up sales euphoria within and out-side the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- To raise funds necessary for the above objects, by issue of share capital securing loans from the central and the state governments and other approved sources including financial institutions and banks on reasonable rates of interest. To arrange for their proper utilization and repayment and to obtain grants from the central or state government to achieve the aforesaid objects.
- To borrow or raise money by the issue of or upon bonds debentures Bills of exchange promissory notes or other obligations or any nigam or by mortgage hypothetical pledge or charge of all or any part of the property of Nigam or of its uncalled capital or in such other manner as Nigam may think fit.
- To enter into contracts with persons institutions or organizations to carry out main objects.
- To procure and arrange for the necessary equipment technical and managerial assistance information instruction supervision and other facilities for the purpose of carrying out any of the objects of Nigam.
- To sell, improve, manage, develop, exchange, lease, mortgage, and dispose of, turn to account or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property and right of Nigam
- Employees of the Nigam are on to acquire lands and buildings necessary for carrying out any of the objects of Nigam by recourse to proceeding under the appropriate land laws or any other laws for the time being in force or otherwise.
- To acquire by purchase, direct negotiations, exchange or otherwise, any property necessary for or effected by execution of the schemes of Nigam.
- Generally to purchase, take on lease or in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any real or personal property and any rights or privileges which Nigams lGA..nthe Company any thing necessary of convenient for the purpose of its activities and in particular any land, machinery, plant and stock in trade.
- To enter into any arrangement with the government of Uttar Pradesh or the Government of the India or any other government of a state or local authority, or any person for the purpose of carrying out the objects of the company or furthering its interests and to obtain from such government or authority or person, any charters, subsidies, loans, indemnity, grants, contracts, licenses, rights, concessions, privileges or immunities which the company may think it desirable to obtain and exercise in connection with its business and comply with any such ‘ arrangements, rights privileges and concessions.
- To make, draw, accept, endorse, discount execute, issue and negotiate cheques, bills of exchange promissory notes and other negotiable or transferable instruments connected with the business of the company, but not to do the business of banking as defined in the banking regulation act 1949 ( Central act 10 of 1949).
- To invest any money of the company not for the time being required for any of the purposes of the company in such investments (other than share of stocks in the company] as may be considered proper and to hold or otherwise deal with such investments.
- Subject to section 58 A of the Companies Act, 1956 to receive money on deposit and to lend money and/or give such help whether monetary or otherwise with or without interest to such persons or companies and on such terms and condition as may seem expedient provided that the company shall not carry on banking business.
- To enter into partnership or into any arrangement for sharing profits, union of interest, cooperation, joint venture, reciprocal, concession or otherwise, with any person or company or companies carrying on or engaged in, or about to carry on, or engaged in any business or transaction which this company is authorized to carry on or engage in or any business of transaction capable of benefit to this Company and to land money to this guarantee the contracts of or otherwise assist, any such person or, company and to take or otherwise acquire shares and securities of any such Company, and to sell, hold, reissue, with or without guarantee, or otherwise deal with the same.
- To establish, maintain and operate educational institutions, schools and colleges and hostels for the benefit of the children of the employees or ex-employees of the company, their family members, dependents or Such persons in whose welfare the said employees or ex-employees are Interested and to make grants and awards and grant scholarships.
- To establish, maintain and operate hospitals, dispensaries, first aid centers and other medical institutions, public health installations, markets, shops and stores, clubs, cinemas and entertainment places, motor transport services, housing colonies, dhoby/Khanas,dairies, station for the benefit of the Company’s employees and their dependents family members.
- To provide for the welfare of employee or ex-employees of the company and their family members or dependents or such persons in whose welfare the said employees or ex-employees are interested by building or contributing to the building of houses or by grants of money, pensions, allowances, bonus or other payment or by creating and from time to time, subscribing to provident associations, institutions fund or trust and by providing or subscribing or contributing towards places of instructions and recreation, hospitals and dispensaries, medical and other assistance as the company shall think fit.
- To grant annuities, pensions, allowances, gratuities and bonus to any employee or ex employee (including Directors and Ex-Directors of the company or their family member or dependents or such persons in whose welfare the said employee or ex-employee is interested and to establish or support associations, institutions, club, schools, funds schemes and trusts (religious, scientific, educational, provident or otherwise) which may be considered and calculator to benefit any such person or otherwise advance the interest of the company and to establish and contribute any scheme for by trustee of share in the company to be held for the company employee and support or subscribe to any chair table object and institutions and to clubs ,societies or funds.
- To provide drainage facilities, lighting, laying of roads, path and parks in the constructions and for housing schemes formulated, propounded, executed or adopted by the company in connection with its activities.
- To lay or relay out of any land comprised in the schemes, to distribute or re-distribute sites or houses, to close or demolish dwellings or portions of dwellings unfit for human habitation, to demolish obstructive buildings or potions of buildings, to take up and carry out construction and re-constructions of buildings, their maintenance and preservation, the constructions and alteration of streets and back lanes, the schemes, the provision of playgrounds open spaces for the benefit of any area comprised in the schemes or any adjoining area and the enlargement of existing parks approaches etc.
- To provide facilities for communication and transport for the benefit of residents and other persons employed in the company and other person.
- To promote subsidiary companies for the purpose of implementing any of the objects of the company herein mentioned.
- To undertake collection of such information data and statistics as may be necessary for the enforcement of its objects.
MD’s Message for Employees
- I WANT YOU ALL TO INSTALL Uttar Pradesh Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam (UPPSKN) in public’s memory, an institution which has changed the lives of those who have used the services of this great organization. This would be possible only if they not only have peace of mind and sleep comfortably but also their gait should be confident and their faces smiling. For this, you need to have a different kind of orientation. One that is not only professional but also that is tuned in to the needs of user and understands current issues and has a practical result oriented approach.You should ,therefore, be always on your toes, keep yourself in know of things around you and adapt to the situation.
- The ongoing security environment and ever increasing foul play by miscreants demand you to be more responsible and face these challenges boldly and squarely. You should build pressure on these antisocial elements by improving your alertness and security related skills and provide quality security services so as to strive towards an incident free assignment. The belief that you are the best would suffice to face any threat but has to be proved by your continuous dedication, sincerity self-belief and self sacrifice.
- I want to remind you that deep in heart of every soldier is a strange mix of emotions,loyalty,discipline,duty and a question: What can I do to enhance safety and security of the organization. I am working for ? You are a special man with indefatigable spirits who pulls out all stops and protects the organization like your own child. You are the same soldier who has protected the national frontiers and has never hesitated to sacrifice even your life for the national cause. The nation has always held you in highest esteem and I am sure that you shall strive harder to take these emotions and public’s faith in you to greater heights and glory.
MD’s Message for Clients
Peace of Mind
- Despite being one of the primary needs for survival, “safety and security” is often taken for granted in urban India. However, with increase in rate of burglaries, theft and crime in metropolises across the country, especially with senior citizens and children tended to by household help, the real estate sector has witnessed a renewed awareness regarding safety and security.
- The real estate sector in urban India has progressed exponentially with many new developments bringing in the best life-style facilities at par with international structures. There are a numbers of reasons for considering the adoption of well trained, experienced & disciplined security system.
- Personal Safety and Security
The security of one’s family and home is obviously the primary consideration. When thieves break into a home, the last thing they are concerned about is the safety of anyone in the home/office or the sanctity of their belongings. They are there for primarily one reason so it is imperative to be protected against events of such nature
- Personal Property
When times get tough like they are at present, there is typically a spike in the numbers of burglaries that occur. In fact, burglars tend to get rather bold and brazen in their attempts. Efficient security systems could protect one’s employees and family from total disregard of life and limb..
- Stress Levels
Studies indicate that the stress levels at both residences and office are greatly reduced when its occupants feel “safe and secure.”At offices, this translates into an increased efficiency in working while it helps maintain a harmonious atmosphere in home.
- Peace of Mind
Probably the most significant reason behind installing security systems, at least from a psychological stand point, it that one will have more peace of mind knowing that one’s family, employees and belongings are protected. One will be able to sleep at night because one is secure knowing that one will be alerted if an intruder breaks in.
- Personal Safety and Security
- The risk of crime is great in contemporary times and ensuring the protection of one’s self, family members, employees, property and other valuables in one of the primary concerns for most. Besides being highly affordable and bringing certain peace of mind that is invaluable, these systems are at best pragmatic solution on society’s age-old adage “Prevention is Better Than Cure.”
- To cater for ibid security, there are numerous security agencies existing in the environment. Some in the unorganized sector (Private Security and others more organized and institutionalized like UP Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Limited, These private security agencies recruit raw youth from the area and employ them on meager salary without providing any credible security training. These untrained raw personnel then prove to be the weakest link when faced with acid test in actual situation needing their help and are more like erstwhile chaukidars.
- Properly trained and institutionalized security agencies akin to ours have advantage as listed below. U.P. Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Limited scores above others since it employs ex-servicemen for’ security services and at best their wards and that too in very meager who are properly trained and qualified in all respects.
- Trained and Disciplined Security
The security personnel have all served in the armed forces of India for 18-25 years and are well trained and disciplined. Discipline being the hallmark of Indian Army. They carry their virtues to this organization, in addition to other’ traits special to the services like the unquestioned obedience orders, astute leadership and unblemished loyalty to the organizations they are serving in.
- Deterrent to Bad Elements of Society
Once it is known that security is being provided by well trained and disciplined ex-service personnel it acts as a positive as a positive deterrent to the anti social elements who will think twice since we shoot to kill.
- Necessary Guidance in any Emergency
The armed forces have specialists in all fields. On retirement these personnel are available to cater for any emergency which they have been dealing hither-to-fore e.g. Fire Fighting, Emergency First Aid, specialized vehicle drivers, Telephone/ Radio operator/repairman etc. Employing them brings multi-tasking to the fore in addition to specialized security.
- Customized for Your Needs
The security and other related services provided is duly customized to the needs of the organization. We are serving depending on its location and specialized requirements i.e. geographical or local needs.
- Timely Assistance in an Emergency
Foolproof security brings with it additional facilities like providing immediate medical help, calling an ambulance, ringing near & dear ones etc.
- Helps in Investigation of Crimes
We provide total assistance in lodging FIR and assist in investigation of crime. By nature, operating in unique areas and assisting in law and order situations during services. These personnel are well versed with various aspects of law and legal angles.
- Unlike Private Security Agencies.
Money is not the aim but service is motto. Utilization of these personnel provides well versed experienced staff and in addition the national aim of providing re-employment to large number of ex-servicemen who are forced to retire at a very young age due to the need to keep a young army are also served.
- Trained and Disciplined Security
- UPPSKNL is a UP Govt Undertaking.
- India’s biggest Ex-Servicemen Corporation.
- India’s first Ex-Servicemen Corporation having largest network in India.
- First Ex-Servicemen Corporation registered under Company Act.
- First Ex-Servicemen Corporation providing insurance coverage to all its employees.
- India’s biggest service provider which is serving more than 650 clients all over India.
- First Ex-Servicemen Corporation awarded an ISO Certificate.
- First Ex-Servicemen Corporation which has its own Training Institute located at HQ-Lucknow.
- First Ex-Servicemen Corporation established to strength and assist co-operatives and other institutions of the Ex-Servicemen and their dependents family members.
- Provide total Security Solutions under one roof.
- World class satisfactory services.
- State of the art Infrastructure.
- Free of Cost Insurance cover for all Personel.
- Free fire fighting training.
- Debugging of problems.
- Separate Assignment Manager for a particular region.
- Training on crisis/disaster management.
U.P. Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Limited is bounded by rules and regulations. We have all Statutory documents which are necessary and satisfying all legal requirement.
- U.P. Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Limited registered as a State Government Undertaking under Section 617 of Companies Act 1956 vide Certificate of Incorporation no. 20-10780 of 1989 dated 23 May 1989 issued by Registrar of Companies UP, Kanpur.
- The Certificate for commencement of Business dated 24th July 1989 was issued by Registrar of Companies UP,Kanpur.
- U.P. Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Limited was known by the name of “U.P. Bhutpurva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Ltd.” In 2001 Board decided to change the name and after changing the name, a fresh certificate of Incorporation was issued on 05th Feb 2001 by Registrar of Companies UP,Kanpur, with the new name “U.P Purva Sainik Kalyan Nigam Limited”.
- UPPSKNL is registered under the Ministry of Finance with the PAN Number AAACU3354L.
- UPPSKNL is awarded the TAN Number LKNU05258B.
- UPPSKNL is awarded the GST Number 09AAACU3354L1Z2.
- UPPSKNL is exempted from the provision of ESI vide UP State Government Gazette Notification No. 1458/36-7-97-5(39)/96 dated 24th July 1998 vide Section 90 of ESI Act 1948.
- UPPSKNL has been awarded ISO 9001-2015 & 18001-2007 Certificate by TNV Pvt Ltd vide certificate no. 171206039101 & 171206019102.
Ex-Serviceman and dependent employed through Nigam at different locations as on 15 Feb 2018
Sr No. Office of Nigam at Total strength 1. Headquarter(Lucknow) 48 2. Agra 2547 3. Allahabad 2029 4. Bareilly 838 5. Delhi 822 6. Gorakhpur 1327 8. Jhansi 1565 7. Kannauj 534 7. Kanpur 1436 9 Lucknow 2780 10. Meerut 2147 11. Noida 1282 12. Varanasi 1451 Total 18,806
Ex-Serviceman and dependant employed through Nigam as on 15 Feb 2018
Trade/nature of job No. of Ex-serviceman and dependent Administration 302 Technical 4927 Security 13372 Medical 207 Total 18,806